Monday, November 17, 2008

Noviembre II - Bridgeway To Heaven

The Penang Bridge International Marathon finally happened for me.never ever thought that I'll be joining a marathon in my life...well, anything can happen.Went to Queensbay the night before a caught a midnight showing of Quarantine with Edward, ChiaHaw ppk.man this movie is a camera point of view shoot which is like Cloverfield and Blair Witch Project...good story for me.finished around 1.40 and then hang out at coffee bean till 3am like that.Actually there's already a lot of ppl there.lots of them are from mainland because the bridge is gonna close from 2 onwards.coffee bean is earning big bucks that night...prolly the only time of the year.heh.People are sleeping on the roadsides and outside queens seriously...when i got down some we're sleeping inn coffee bean as in curl up on the sofas and snuggling on their bags and etc.this prolly one of the biggest sports event in penang, you know.


I changed and got ready around 3.15 like that.the actual starting time is 4.30am.changed to the t-shirt with running numbers on it, shorts and extra stuff for me, two silver and two black earrings.supposed to bring me goodluck i guess.then we registered and waited in the hold up place.then there was some kind of aerobic warm up for all the participants.shit, it looks more like clubbing to me...with the early morning and music and everybody is semi-dancing.wth.

Everybody is eager to start it off.I bet what's on their mind for the run.Some run for the prize money.some run for the certs and medal.some run for own satisfaction.some run for pride.some run to prove something.how about running for love?i guess thats a more meaningful one and what i'm doing,maybe.learnt that from Troy.so the race started off...and everybody is running.i began with edward, chia haw, matthew ng and chan william.then after a while the link is broken off.i tried to kept the pace of my heart at a low, reduce the rate of air flow.minimize all the actions on the upper body to conserve energy.first i'm actually trying to do this.i kept my constant pace till the middle of the bridge...and at the first touch of the first triangle structure thingy i slowed down to walk and got the 100plus there.wooh i ran for about an hour nonstop and i'm only at the middle way there.geez.i only have 3 and a half the complete the whole thing! its a real hard and aching time on the bridge i tell you...when the energy within me seems low, I'll picture a certain person i'm running for at the end of the bridge..


so i ran cum jog cum walk all the way till the toll and made a big U-turn and collected the other wristband to mark that you have passed the checkpoint.It felt like a big game of fetch you know.then i started on the way back....while beginning my way back some dudes were talking the time factor.It was already around 6 thirty then.they were saying that we've used 2 hours to cross the bridge and now we've only got 1 and a half to finish the thing....and his friend said that there's not enough time already.shit.after passing a watering station at the beginning of the bridge....i started out pushing myself.Push like i've never done before.seriously.

when i finished the bridge i've only half an hour to return to queensbay.really shithole.it was near Ivory Tower and i pushed all the way to the finishing line with the person in mind...and oh yeah.I finished in time!!i clocked 3 hours and 20 minutes!!whoa felt so nauseous when i reached, vomitted air.so there i've got the medal and the cert.huh...most importantly the inspiration i'm running for.I didnt fail it.I'll run a marathon and I did.

Now I'm sitting right here typing this post...with a total annihilation of my body.with legs and joints like barbecued marshmallows.soft yet stiff and hard.its all worth it.there...... i've run it.



A run for love.

0 comments: