Thursday, April 17, 2008

I LOVE YOU MUM

Please Play the song I Love My Parents - Buckethead available in the sidebar as accompaniment for this post.

Recently someone poses as my mum in the cbox by the side[or is it really you mum?]. This really gives a deep impact to my thoughts....i've been thinking a lot about mum this few days.
It comes to me that I've always been close to mum since i was.....born?.yeah.a real mummy's boy. reminisced a lot about all the sweet time spent with her, all the outings, shoppings, fetchings from school and tuitions, McDs, Gurneys and more. yeah, do have gurney outings with mum.weird?No.
You emo craps out there.....please, it ain't a shame to go out with your parents.

And come i want to share some stuff with you people out there.this is an article wrote by my mum back in 1993 about motherhood. man, i was still sucking thumb then i think. I managed to dig it up from piles of history. this was written for her Nursing School Newsletter and the title is Mum's Vantage.



MUM'S VANTAGE

5 THRILLS OF MOTHERHOOD

Life has changed a lot ever since my children came along.More exciting you may say.Here are 5 [of many] thrilling things that have happened to me since i became a mother.

1. I get to go to Macdonalds and KFC often.
I dont really like the food and could never stand the place but now i jump with joy when my kids want to go there for food.It doesn't matter if they have only a limited menu, my kids order only happy meals, anyway.Fancy having one myself.

2. I get to go to toys dept in shopping centers.
I could spend a whole morning there trying out the tricycles, pulling strings on talking dolls and persuading my three year old son that he really needs the Lego set rather then the ninja turtle which can only turn it's arms.

3. I get to stay up late into the night.
Like my children, I had always wanted to stay up late into the night as a child. Now as a mother, I have no choice but to stay up all night because my children don't want to go to bed.

4. I get to play with Lego and my little ponies.
These toys were non-existent when I was a child. Even if they weren't, my parents would not have been able to afford to buy them for me. Well, I guess it is never too late to have a happy childhood.

5. I have learnt to speak a new language.
the language which comprises mainly of euphemisms like 'ta-ta', 'poo-poo' and 'wee-wee'. Don't tell me you learnt it too!

I am having fun and joy becoming a mother. What about you?
Mother to be, be prepared to experience...

By My Mum


Okay, so here it is. written 15 years ago and now its here. Once again please, you people out there, shower your parents with love. No matter what it is, an argument or misunderstanding, remember every mother loves her child to the fullest. Don't just break the bond over something stupid.

Now go and embrace mum or dad while you still can. I'm sad to say this but as every second past, you are constantly nearer to losing them.

I LOVE YOU MUM.


3 comments:

JaredT said...

hey dude, new post, at least I have something to read.

A good post.

haih, yeah at least you'd try to open up eyes. People say always remember your roots, you know where your roots are connected? Yeah, the umbilical cord.

We're gona leave someday or another, or the other way, whichever way it is, they are always in our heart no matter what they do or we do. My tears are running now while listening to Beyond - Boundless Ocean Vast Skies. But they are concealed.

Sigh.

See, Buckethead is good isn't it? He has many decidations, such as to mum and aunt. hah

Cheers. Do you want to be pregnant and try motherhood? heh

nad said...

yeah . a really good post indeed .

kudos to you =) true enough every second that passes by shortens the time we all have left we our loved ones .treat each day as its our last then only we'll have no regrets even if tomorrow never comes . sounds cliche but yeah .

White Sealz said...

wonderful post
its sucha touching story.
amd rmmber. the whole post is bout the 3years BOY!!!
you shud b grateful for dat..
ur mum like sacrifice for u so much..
like the mcd. kfc. pee pee? tata.. lolz
its wondeful..
ur lego.. ponies?? ninja turtle??
LUV UR MAMA HOOI!!!!

whitesealz